Fresh juices from fruits and vegetables are excellent not only for their delicious taste, but above all for their high content of vitamins, minerals, living enzymes and other biologically significant substances. Drinking freshly squeezed juices cleans and detoxifies the body, supports digestion, reduces excess weight, removes fatigue and gives the body energy and vitality.
You can juice many types of vegetables and fruits. The best foods to juice to boost skin health are – cucumber, celeriac, chard, spinach, carrot, beetroot, apple, orange, ginger, grapefruit, lemon.
If you don’t feel like juicing, take a look at our stores, you will find a wide selection of vegetable and fruit juices.
Tips & tricks
- Drink juices on an empty stomach, not as a drink after a meal.
- Never drink the juices all at once, but take small sips and let them mix with saliva in your mouth for a while.
- Drink juices fresh and do not store them for more than 12 hours. After juicing, oxidation processes take place and the content of vital substances decreases. In the case of citrus fruits, the vitamin C content is significantly reduced after only 15 minutes.
- Use fruits and vegetables preferably in organic quality and from local foods.
- We recommend juicing more vegetables than fruits that are rich in sugar. Use fruit only to sweeten the entire juice, the main ingredient should be vegetables. And if you suffer from acne, you better avoid juicing very sweet fruits – grapes, pineapple, sweeter types of apples. Due to the sugar content, it is better to drink fruit drinks in the morning and only vegetable drinks with a minimum of fruit in the afternoon.
- For better absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, have some healthy fats (a few almonds, a spoonful of coconut oil, a piece of avocado) before drinking the juice.
- You can enjoy vegetable juices even if you don’t have a juicer. All you need is a better mixer, mix all the ingredients and then strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or strainer.
Effects of the most popular fruit and vegetable juices
Apple juice – lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and blood fat levels, strengthens the immune system, heart and blood circulation, stabilizes blood sugar levels and strengthens blood vessels. It is rich in potassium, which helps with water management, supports kidney function and muscle activity. The juice also contains fiber, which lowers cholesterol and binds toxic substances (lead and mercury). It helps with constipation and stimulates bowel movement if drunk in the morning on an empty stomach.
Orange juice – is recommended for cleansing the skin and helps with overacidification of the body. It is rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium and a high content of vitamins A, B, C, and is a good source of selenium, which is a strong antioxidant. Oranges support metabolism in cells, promote concentration, activate all the body’s glands, strengthen libido and potency, strengthen the immune system and hematopoiesis, improve the appearance of hair.
Grapefruit juice – has strong alkaline effects and thus cleanses the blood of poisonous acidic substances. It also helps in dissolving inorganic calcium, e.g. in arthritis. Contains potassium and vitamin C. The pulp is rich in bioflavonoids, which increase the effectiveness of vitamin C, contains a large amount of folic acid, supports digestion, enzymes stimulate metabolism, help with venous diseases, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, strengthen the immune system, support hormone production, they have a preventive effect against infections and colds and also clean the intestines and stabilize the intestinal flora, activate metabolism in cells and cell growth.
Carrot juice – supports digestion, vision, respiratory organs, acts against hemorrhoids, increases resistance to infections. At the same time, it helps maintain healthy teeth and bones, protects the nervous system and is suitable for cleansing the liver.
Beetroot juice – strengthens the organism, supports the formation of red blood cells, purifies the blood, has an excellent cleansing effect for the liver, kidneys and gall bladder, stimulates the activity of the lymphatic system. It is not advisable to drink more than 200 ml at once, its strong cleansing effect can cause nausea.
Cabbage juice – helps with constipation and thus supports the quality of the skin. Cabbage juice supports the treatment of ulcers and cleanses the body. The disadvantage of drinking large amounts of cabbage juice can be gas. Cabbage cleans the digestive tract, contains vitamin C, chlorine, iodine, sulfur.
Cucumber juice – cleans the skin, stabilizes blood pressure, helps with inflammation of the gums and is strongly alkaline-forming.